Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm Going Amish

At least, in my writing.

My new story is available now.

Promise of Tomorrow
An Amish of Tomorrow Series
Volume One: Salvation


I've written in the Amish genre before. Some of you may have read the Defective Amish Detective series. It is sometimes silly and sometimes sweet. We are currently working on Volume 4, but if you have not read it, you can find part 1 for Kindle here: http://goo.gl/UuI5v

While the Defective Detective is fun to write, I am taking a more serious turn with Promise of Tomorrow. That's not to say there won't be humor, but it will not be outright slapstick. In this new series, I am excited because it gives me a chance to explore my own faith. I am not converting, not packing up to head to Pennsylvania. I put a little more of myself into this one and, at the same time, taken it far beyond where I could ever physically go.

I like the quote from Joss Whedon, "I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of." I feel like that on this new story. Funny thing, my writing music for this one was the Firefly soundtrack (and that was before I read this quote).

You can find this first part of my 10 part series on eBook.



Now, here comes the fun part! My publisher, Helping Hands Press, has a new event that will take place every Wednesday on their Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/WHBW5D

There will be fun discussions and exciting giveaways! I am one of the featured authors this week (3/20), so who knows what you might see when you stop by from 7 to 8:30 PM EST!

And if you don't make it to Wacky Wednesday, be sure to check out the widget at the top right of my blog. We are doing a Goodreads giveaway too!

No comments:

Post a Comment