Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Guest Post - Anne Baxter Campbell

Sermonette: Grace

Something my daughter-in-law, Tawnya McMorris, put on her Facebook timeline yesterday struck me. It's a quote from Paul David Tripp.

What does it look like when women extend grace to everyone they come in contact with? I can't even imagine, but that's what I want to be. Colossians 3:12-17 "No one gives grace more tenderly than the one who knows they desperately need it."

That's the kind of person I want to be.

I'd say it applies to men as well, wouldn't you?

So what exactly is grace, anyway? Someone a long time ago called it God's Riches At Christ's Expense--G R A C E.

Forgiveness--undeserved, sometimes even unasked. A smile for someone without one. A hug for tears. Food for the hungry. A home for an orphan, education for children, a clean well for a village. A friend to the sick. Freedom to the addicted. Grace.

God gave the best He had for us to gain the thing we need the most, whatever that is. Only God knows for sure what you need. It might not be what you want, but trust Him. He knows exactly what GRACE you need.

Blessings on you, my friends. May you have the best of weeks you've ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment