Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New and Different

So Giovanni had this idea and he issued a challenge to me. The result:

The Defective Amish Detective
Volume 1
The Whoopie Pie Affair


I entered a new world with this one. The G-Man is known for his zany ideas, so together we developed a story which is unlike any other I have done. It is both hilarious and heartfelt. Giovanni's bold personality shines through, making it hard to believe he is not a fictional character. The story is crafted in such a way as to blur the line between fiction and reality. 

The events are outrageous, but the characters are honest and direct. I enjoyed building the relationship between Gio and Eli. Their connection is such that they were practically life-long friends from the moment they accidentally met.

My writing has always been Christian influenced, but this is my first big step into Amish fiction. Aside from one other WIP on the subject, I am learning a lot about the Amish. It is important to me (and Giovanni) to treat the people and their beliefs with great respect, while still having fun. I think we managed that.

The story is simple, a cozy mystery with an unlikely culprit. We may go a little more complex in future stories, but the goal is to have fun.

The Defective Amish Detective
Volume 1
The Whoopie Pie Affair

ONLY 99 Cents
For a LIMITED time!

Get it here: http://goo.gl/UuI5v



No comments:

Post a Comment